Thursday, April 5, 2012

Scheming for the Kingdom

http://sojournchurch.com/resources/

"Scheming for the Kingdom" by Daniel Montgomery

Had some "church" at home this morning listening to past sermons from our church. Love this one. Daniel is truly gifted as our pastor to give truth bluntly! love it!
So good to absorb most def during Holy Week. Talking about we can't serve two masters. Is Jesus really running my show? on some days, no way, I hold too tightly to the reins.
I especially loved the portion about "its like trying to work two 9-5 jobs." I can really relate. The past 2 weeks I've been store manager of both Louisville locations. Last week I felt like I was only giving 75% to each store.....not ok. My store needs me 100%. And if you do the math....75 plus 75 =150. Exhausting. So made me think....I can't give anyone a halfsie of myself. Especially not Jesus. He gave me way over 100% all the way on a cross. So how am I trying to serve He and.....fill in the blank. My job>My wants>my Sleep>my Pride> whatever takes priority that day.
So no, its exhausting and its not what's required of me. To whom much is given, much is required. Am I giving it all? Where should I be "scheming"? I love that.
So be prepared....next time you ask me, whats up? or what's going on in my life?
I'm gonna say "well I'm now scheming about......"

I think my latest scheme is about getting to know my new Talbots team. I'm scheming about reading this new book "everything must change" a book about really seeing Jesus love take over the world HERE and  NOW. Not waiting to see eternal life then, but on earth here and now. Who's in my life that needs Jesus healing power and absorbing love to rock them silly?
I'm scheming about moreloveletters.com. Thanks Sarah VB for the recommendation. I wanna get involved with women who need freedom all over this world. I'm doing a book group with some ladies on So long Insecurity by Beth Moore. How can I build security and dignity by letters of love to the women in India. Check out the site, its awesome! Current project is ANCHAL. And how so super God that there is a founder of the group here in Louisville.

So, I hope my blog and Daniel's sermon inspire you to get SCHEMING!
get to dreamin' and schemin' as he says :)
Perhaps its the new mini cooper that's bringing out The Italian Job schemer in me?! ;) he he

No comments:

Post a Comment